Interviews, even when well done, simply don’t provide enough accurate information about a candidate to make fully informed hiring decisions.
Assessments produce much more complete and accurate information about applicants, helping you make better hiring decisions.
Hospitality Company Targets Key Players
Assessments are an invaluable tool for identifying the characteristics of your top performers and how they differ from your poor performers. You can use this information to identify and hire more top performers and avoid costly hiring mistakes.
Assessments help you identify how an average or poor performer differs from a high performer, so you can coach them in these areas.
When you share assessment results with an employee or applicant, you provide them with help in understanding their own strengths and areas for development. These insights help them make decisions on development actions they can take to improve their own performance.
Profiles International is a well-established company providing assessments that have been regularly and thoroughly validated and that have proven invaluable by thousands of clients.
Executive Guide to Employee Assessments
Over the past 20 years Profiles International has served over 40,000 clients in 120 countries and processed millions of assessments. Profiles International assessments are compliant with all 13 Department of Labor standards and no Profiles International assessment has ever been found to be discriminatory by the EEOC or any other agency.
Profiles International assessments such as the Profile XT and Profiles Sales Assessment provide information that provides a far more complete view of the applicant and how similar the candidate is to high performing people in the job they are applying for. These assessments include three types of information:
- Cognitive Skills (verbal and numerical)
- Behaviors (Energy Level, Assertiveness, Sociability, Manageability, Attitude, Decisiveness, Accommodating, Independence, Objective Judgment)
Another advantage of the assessments is that they provide the hiring managers with questions they can ask to probe into areas of concern during the interview.
Other assessments include:
- Step One Survey II – which is used to screen candidates and provides information on the applicant’s attitudes in the areas of Integrity, Substance Abuse, Reliability, and Work Ethic.
- Customer Service Profile – which provides information on an applicant’s verbal and numerical abilities and their behavioral traits in the areas of Trust, Tact, Empathy, Conformity, Focus and Flexibility.
- Managerial Fit Report – which provides information on the likelihood that the manager and the person being evaluated (applicant or current employee) will be able to effectively work together.
- Skills surveys – Profiles has partnered with eSkills, an industry leader in on-line skills assessment. eSkills offers assessments in a wide range of skills, including management skills, computer skills, F&B service skills, front desk skills, training skills and customer service skills. For more information on skills surveys, please click here.
Hospitality Company Increases Retention
Simply put, Profiles assessments will help you hire more high performers and avoid hiring people who make a good impression in the interview but don’t perform well on the job itself.
Why Hospitality Resources?
Dave Newton, principal of Hospitality Resources, has over 25 year’s successful experience in strategic human resources, operations management and consulting. He is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources and has an MBA in Management with a concentration in Human Resources.
He brings a high level of practical expertise in the selection process, having opened numerous hotels and casinos.
As the opening VPHR of The Venetian Casino Resort in Las Vegas, he was responsible for establishing a hiring process that screened 44,000 applicants and hired 4,000 people in a six-month period. This despite having an extensive selection process that included assessments, screening interviews, group interviews, department interviews and (for front of house applicants) auditions.
Profiles Intl. Saves Hospitality Company $345,000
Since the Venetian Dave has consulted and trained a variety of organizations on the hiring process. He believes that investing a little bit more in the hiring pays huge dividends in organizational performance and reduced aggravation for managers.
When you work with Hospitality Resources you get personalized assistance in conducting and interpreting assessments, so you are comfortable with the information you get and how to apply it.